Deleting files and folders from my external HDD
I have a rather small internal HDD on my older Dell laptop.
I've partitioned that drive to include Windows 7 ultimate and a Linux distro.
I allocated about 60GB to win 7 and the other 20GB to Linux.
The windows partition was running out of space fast so
I bought a 500GB HDD and a case to make an external HDD, believing I would use the now external HDD for storage of files and folders produced by software, and the internal mainly for all the software (Programs).
Now when I store downloaded movies onto the
G drive (the WD blk 500GB external) as is expected the HDD space gets used up.
So after I watch a movie not worth saving for any length of time I right click on that movie's folder and delete it. The folder is gone from the G drive in windows explorer, but
when I show properties on the drive none of the space shows up as available, as if the folder(s) are not gone from the drive.
So, even though I delete 8GB of watched movies, for example, that 8GB doesn't show as available free space again.
My 500GB HDD is
filling up even though I delete files/folders from it.
What's up with that? I formatted the HDD as a logical volume if that means anything to you.
Why isn't my deleting files and folders freeing up space on my external HDD? If I goofed and should have formatted
some other way, what do I do now? I was hoping to partition up the external soon for a couple more extremely useful Linux distros and boot from USB for things like Kali Linux and etc., Grub 2 can do the boot management, I figured, after I had the logical volume
for external storage.
Can't get past the fact that the drive is being filled up, even with all the deleting I thought I was doing.
Keys to the Problem Deleting files and folders from my external HDD
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Deleting files and folders from my external HDD:
How to Fix Deleting files and folders from my external HDD with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 22.214.171.124059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.188.8.131.52,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How Can You Fix - Delivery status notification -delay Hotmail with Windows 7?,Troubleshooting:define portable document format [PDF],Fast Solution to Problem: Custom Icons,Troubleshooter of Error: desktop tile missing,deleting 2 bottom rows of data with macro in excel [Solved]