Busy cursor when mouse pointer touches an window
What is the reason that the cursor turns busy when it touches a new program window?
Anwsers to the Problem Busy cursor when mouse pointer touches an window
Have you made any recent changes to the computer prior to the issue?
In Windows 7 the 'busy' cursor is a spinning circle, so if your mouse cursor is flashing there may be something else going on.
But if the mouse is showing busy constantly then something is doing that and it is a process of elimination to find the cause.
First thing, check what Processes are doing in the Task Manager.
1. Right click the Taskbar.
2. select Task Manager.
3. In the new window select the Processes tab.
4. click the option at the bottom to "Show processes from all users".
5. Now, click the CPU column to list processes in CPU Usage order and see what process is continuously using cpu time.
Step 2: Safe mode
Boot your computer in safe mode and check for the issue.
To start your computer in Safe mode
Step 3: Clean boot
If you do not face the issue in safe mode, then put your computer in clean boot and check for the issue.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: Once you are done with clean boot, please follow step 7 in the article to put your computer back to normal startup.
Run a virus scan on your computer.
Note: If any infections are detected during the scan, there might be a chance of data loss as the infected files will be deleted.
Hope this helps.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Busy cursor when mouse pointer touches an window:
How to Fix Busy cursor when mouse pointer touches an window with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.18.104.22.168 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.22.214.171.124 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix Error - Calculated formula in a pivot table?,Solution to Error: Browser slows windows 7 shutdown,bridged network connection questions [Anwsered],[Solution] BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error after resuming form sleep,How to Fix Error - BSOD - wired(ethernet) internet?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work