Automatic Update of Formulas in Excel
I have a bank balance file containing multiple worksheets.
I also have a worksheet which condences all of this data into one summarised layout.
This summary sheet is linked to each individual worksheet, and therefore gets its information from them.
If the formulas which link the summary sheet to each individual worksheet is not updated on a daily basis then the summary sheet will pull in an outdated
EUR!C145 needs to become EUR!C146)
My problem lies in the fact that I have hundreds of these formulas to update daily, and I am afraid that some day i will miss one.
Is there any faster way of doing this?
Anwsers to the Problem Automatic Update of Formulas in Excel
since your dates are sorted, your best solution is:
A2: your date
fix $B$2:$E$7 to match your sources range ex: $B$3:$E$1000000 or even =VLOOKUP($A$2,EUR!$B:$E,2) for entire columns
by giving range of more columns, you can copy formula to next cells to get the next items, just changing the 2
ex: C2: =VLOOKUP($A$2,EUR!$B:$E,3)
Since data is sorted Vlookup will have no trouble to search through entire rows...
EDIT: fixed ; to , as Gary's Student pointed.
Sorry for the inconvenience, sometimes i forget to manually correct them...
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Automatic Update of Formulas in Excel has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Automatic Update of Formulas in Excel:
How to Fix Automatic Update of Formulas in Excel with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: [Anwsered] Backup in Windows 7 HANGS!,Troubleshooting:average % excluding the the numbers after the decimal point Error,Troubleshooter of Error: ATL100.dll is missing from computer. is it part of Dell Dock. it appeared after office update said it had to close some programs,[Solved] averageifs with two criteria in one column and ignore blanks and zeros,How to Fix - Avermedia AVerTV Bravo Hybrid PCI-E TV Tuner Card - is it really and fully compatible??,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?