AVG reports a broken digital signature
My avg tells me that my windows\ installer c:\d7bc.
msi file is signed with a broken digital signature issued by sun micro systems.
What does this mean? Thanks
Anwsers to the Problem AVG reports a broken digital signature
If you’ve updated your AVG Anti-virus software from Version 8.5 to Version 9.0, you may encounter this problem.
Based on the research, I would suggest you to disable the Active Surf Shield on AVG which seems to be the fix.
If in case you’re using Zone Alarm, I would suggest you to Turn off since it would conflict with AVG.
If you’re still facing the same problem with AVG 9.0, it is better to revert back to the previous version of AVG 8.5.
Also you may contact AVG support and check if they can assist you to fix this message.
Hope this helps.
Let us know the results.
Thanks and Regards,
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: AVG reports a broken digital signature:
How to Fix AVG reports a broken digital signature with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How to Resolve - BACKUP NOT SUCCESSFUL?,How to Fix Problem - ASCII code problems in Word 2007?,How to Fix Problem - ATI radeon graphics driver not working after 7 Home Premium upgrade from Vista.?,Tech Support: At startup an error message says \"Windows failed to start. A recent software or hardware change may be the cause\". I startup using \"launch startup repair\" option, but this results in a blue screen. What is the fix to problem?__,automatically insert text in cell based on adjacent cell?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?