Thursday, April 28, 2016

All of my applications display the same icon? Tech Support

All of my applications display the same icon?

I was having trouble getting iTunes to open, so I used the "Open With" feature to get it to open with iTunes.
However, in my hurry, I forgot to uncheck the "always use this selection when opening this kind of file" box.
Consequently, all of the icons on
my taskbar and in my Start menu (except, curiously, for Minesweeper) display the iTunes icon, assumedly because of the .lnk extension.
I haven't encountered any problems in opening these files despite the changed icon, but it's extremely annoying to have a ridiculous amount of iTunes logos staring at me.
I've already tried a preliminary Google search as to how to fix the problem, but the
common answer seems to be to download some sort of registry ZIP file and change everything one by one.
I've tried this, but the iTunes logo is still there.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Anwsers to the Problem All of my applications display the same icon?

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Please see:
 
Incorrect Icon Shown for a File Type in Vista
How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows Vista and Windows 7


Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Broadcast Engineer/I.T.
Pro -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Because of this All of my applications display the same icon? error, Windows can fail in starting some processes and the system's performance can significantly slow down. In some cases, Windows has problems starting up and the system can freeze.

Lastly, this error All of my applications display the same icon? can even result in the Blue screen of death error message, just like other critical Windows errors. If any of the above problems and symptoms occur in your PC, then you should immediately seek to resolve this problem.

In order to resolve All of my applications display the same icon? error or repair the corrupted and damaged Windows files, you will need a All of my applications display the same icon? error repair tool. There is more than one method of treating this kind of error code, and here is how you can manually do it:

  1. Start the computer and log in as administrator
  2. Go to the start button and select All Programs. Go to Accessories, System Tools, and then System Restore
  3. Click on System Restore and in a new window, select the 'Restore my computer to an earlier time's option and click Next
  4. On the new confirmation window that appears, click Next
  5. Restart your computer after the restoration has been completed

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: All of my applications display the same icon?:

How to Fix All of my applications display the same icon? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related:
Read More: Troubleshooting:All my excel files have disappeared. I cannot find them in doctemp. How can I get them back again? Error,How to Resolve - All my toolbars are missing?,All my tiles and documents have gone & my computer will not refresh Tech Support,Troubleshooting:All MSN Favorities disappeared after a recent sign-in Error,Troubleshoot:All my emails sent and inbox are disappeared by itself,After installing Internet Explorer 9, getting This window might be busy warning message,After installing Internet Explorer 9 for Windows XP, Internet Explorer says that the website cannot be displayed,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All files are openings with media player except my computer control panel etc

No comments:

Post a Comment