After downloading an update, I get "Error code 0x80070002 Source Engine Elevated" message. My computer does not connect to the Internet and I am unable to reboot my computer.
Original title: I need help getting my desktop working again its new windows7__I downloaded a upgrade and now I cant even get on the internet?? Can someone tell me how to reboot the comp?? It's saying error code 0x80070002 source Engine elevated???_
Solutions to the Problem After downloading an update, I get "Error code 0x80070002 Source Engine Elevated" message. My computer does not connect to the Internet and I am unable to reboot my computer.
Hi John Delsman,
What is the state of your computer now?
Is your computer stuck or is it not booting to the desktop?
Which Update did you download and install?
Do a force restart by pressing the power button to turn off the computer and then again to turn it back on and check if it boots.
I'd suggest you boot your machine in
safe mode with networking and check if it boots.
Please note: Some computer need the network cable when performing safe mode with networking
Safe mode with networking will also determine your Internet connectivity.
Let us know the status of the issue in safe mode with networking.
Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support
[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button.
If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button.
By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After downloading an update, I get "Error code 0x80070002 Source Engine Elevated" message. My computer does not connect to the Internet and I am unable to reboot my computer.:
How to Fix After downloading an update, I get "Error code 0x80070002 Source Engine Elevated" message. My computer does not connect to the Internet and I am unable to reboot my computer. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Resolve - Adjusting the percentage of screen size?,Address Bar in MS Outlook works fine, displays web page, but Internet Explorer Cannot display the webpage [Anwsered],How to Fix - Adding a character to a line based on the existence of another character.?,Tech Support: Adding a Label to a checkbox,How to Resolve - Adobe Flash keeps popping up. Cannot get rid of it no matter what I do.?,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded